Saturday, February 23, 2013

life would be so much easier…

an unbalance schedule will cause you to lose your passion.

i don’t know if you realize it but GOD has given you 24 hours in a day and if you equally divide them into 3 parts, life will be so much easier.  8 hours of work, 8 hours of relationships and 8 hours of rest.  that is a balanced life.  now if you get overbalanced on the work side then you are going to lose your passion and you might lose your relationships and your health.

i went through a time that i called my 3 year jerk time.  i was a staff minister in a large church and i gave 12 or more hours a day to my work at the expense of my family and my rest and i just about lost my family and my health.  for sure i lost my passion to the point that i quit my job as a very successful staff minister to eventually sell dominos pizza so i could get my life back in order, to fall in love with my GOD and with my family.  the best thing i ever did. 

if you’re overworked you’re going to lose your passion.  if you get tired you’re going to lose your passion.  vince lombardi the great football coach said, “fatigue makes cowards of all of us.”  when you get tired you lose your zip, you lose your passion.  fatigue drains your energy. 

you see we all need a balance between rest and work, between input and between output. 

just a thought from the front porch…

No comments: