Tuesday, September 24, 2013

The secret of intelligence…

Proverbs 20.5 (NLT) says, “Though good advice lies deep within the heart, a person with understanding will draw it out.”

Ask questions. That’s the secret of intelligence, learning to draw it out. 

Are you always learning, always growing?  Have you learned to learn from your kids?  You can learn from your kids.  Do you realize you can learn from your in laws?  My in laws taught me a lot.  Do you realize you can learn from your enemies?  Your biggest critics often help you out the most.  Unintentionally.  They may mean to hurt you but GOD can use that criticism to teach you and make you more sensitive in a certain area even though they have a wrong motive for it.  Meekness, we’re teachable not unreachable.

Proverbs 13.18 (NLT), “If you accept correction, you will be honored.”

Sign I saw:  “I’d rather change my mind and succeed than have my own way and fail.”  A meek person is not a weak person, a wimp, a Casper Milktoast.  A meek person is understanding, not demanding; gentle, not judgmental; teachable, not unreachable. 

Just a thought from the front porch…

No comments: