Thursday, February 20, 2014

HE deals with the root cause…


Romans 15:5 (LB), "May GOD who gives patience..."  Notice the word "gives".  Patience is a gift and it's a gift from God that you can receive.  "May GOD who gives patience, steadiness, and encouragement help you to live in complete harmony with each other, each with the attitude of CHRIST toward the other." 

Would you like to have patience, steadiness and encouragement in your relationships?  Would you like to be able to live in complete harmony with each other?  The answer is the last phrase "each with the attitude of CHRIST toward the other." 

How does JESUS CHRIST help me to control my anger?  Here's how HE does it.  JESUS CHRIST helps me with my anger by dealing with the root cause.  HE deals with the real reason that I'm angry. 

If the root cause of my anger is hurts, JESUS can replace my hurt with HIS love.  You may have been rejected as a kid.  You may have been unloved.  You may have felt ostracized by others.  Your pain matters to GOD.  JESUS can replace your hurt with HIS love. 

Maybe your anger is the result of frustration.  HE can give you HIS peace.  The peace of GOD allows me to be calm even in the middle of a storm. 

Maybe your anger is the result of insecurity and fear.  HE can replace your fears and insecurities with HIS power.  The fact is you don't know what's going to happen tomorrow, much less next year, ten years from now.  We don't know what the future holds; we do know who holds the future.  The point is, when CHRIST is in my life I don't have to control it all.  I don't have to feel like it's all together and like I'm holding it all together.  I can relax because HE's got it all under control.  HE knows what's best for me.  HIS power replaces my insecurity.

The level of patience you have in your life will be in direct proportion to your relationship with CHRIST.

Just a thought from the front porch…

No comments: