Thursday, February 12, 2009

where is your passion...

missouri sen. clair mccaskill said something yesterday about our new president when he said, "it is important that he be president, but he has to stay connected to his passion" and that is so true.

passion. passion is what creates greatness and nothing great is ever accomplished without passion.

rick warren said that passion is what energizes life. it turns the impossible into possible. in fact if you don’t have any passion in your life you’re boring. your life is dull, routine, monotonous. if you don’t have passion in your life you are not living. you are just existing.

i have found that there are some things that rob us of our passion especially in our relationships. this week is valentine's day and it is a day that celebrates our passion for another person. but there are a lot of marriages out there that have no passion and all this holiday is is just an obligation without passion and that is a waste.

have you lost your passion for your wife or husband? maybe it's because of something that they did to you and that conflict has just robbed you of your passion and now there is resentment and anger. and job 18.4 says that you're only hurting yourself with your anger.

listen, unresolved conflict robs you of passion. and the only way to resolve it and to restore your passion is through forgiveness.

now, forgiveness is not saying they were right. forgiveness is not saying that GOD’s not going to judge them for what they did that was wrong. it’s saying, "i'm taking it out of my hands, GOD. i forgive them. it’s in YOUR hands. i can’t hold it in my heart because if i do that resentment is going to destroy me and steal passion from me every single day of my life. you have to forgive. ask GOD’s strength to let it go.

now you’re going to have to say that, if you’re like me, a hundred times during the next week. i forgive them. i remind myself once again that i forgive them. it’s going to come to your mind again and again. but as you do that you’ll feel the passion begin to be strengthened in your life. because an unresolved conflict always kills our passion.

why don't you start the process today? what a great valentine's gift. the restoring of your passion through forgiveness.

well just some thoughts here on bill's front porch.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

I have watched and witnessed how an unresolved conflict can literally kill a person's passion for everything, including life. It was very sad to see, and I learned a lot from that.

I'm not fond of Valentine's day. I think we should celebrate our loved ones all throughout the year. It's become such a marketing ploy to buy cards, flowers, chocolate, jewelry and dinner. I would be much more surprised to receive those things on some random day of the year!

Anyway, we LOVE you P.B and miss you very much. <3 <3 :)

Anonymous said...

WOW!! It is hard for some to grasp that the loss of the passion within their marriage is due to unresolved conflicts and the failure to forgive. Holding on to what is now behind me has caused a severe amount of resentment and, well lets say, some destruction. It has taken me awhile to get her and as stong as I am in this moment. It hurts me to say, if I only would have forgiven years ago and given it to God I could have prevented this(my self created mess). Yet, on the same token and more than filled with the blessings that is coming out of the distruction. I feel the passion, I see the passion, and i hear it returning as I have chosen, confessed, and dedicated myself to HIS word. I LOVE YOU pastor(supposed to be whispered) BILL!!!:)