Saturday, June 13, 2009

do people really matter to you?...

i just got back from my starbucks in rockville center and i had a great time talking with 2 of my friends about the yankees and mets game last night. i love baseball. i really do but i also love what my love of sports does. it give me a connection with people, something to talk about, a starting point that is nonthreatening into other people's lives.

questions also do that. i can get almost anybody to tell me their life story just by asking nonthreatening questions. now why is that important? it's because of the affection of CHRIST JESUS [philippians 1.8 (niv)] that GOD generously pours into our lives through the HOLY SPIRIT! [romans 5.5 (ms)]. i love baseball but i love people more because CHRIST loves people.

now i personally could go into my starbucks and sit down and read my papers and not talk to anybody but that is not why GOD put us here on this earth. JESUS did not come down to this earth to sit off in a corner and just look and observe people. if HE would have done that HE might have lived longer but that is not why HE came. HE came because HE loved us and we mattered to HIM. so if I have the affection of CHRIST JESUS what HE loves I love, what matters to HIM matters to me.

we just changed the name of our church to the bridge. i love it because that is what we are to be, a bridge between people and CHRIST.

are you a bridge? do people matter to you? the answer to that question goes a long way in showing if CHRIST is in your life.

just a thought from the front porch...

No comments: