Tuesday, June 9, 2009

I'm not going to give up on you...

have you ever really wanted to give up on a person, even yourself? it seems that you just can't get it all together. philippians 1.6 (ms), there has never been the slightest doubt in my mind that the GOD who started this great work in you would keep at it and bring it to a flourishing finish on the very day CHRIST JESUS appears.

i think everybody should have a little sign around their neck that says, under construction, GOD’s not finished with me yet. HE’s still working on me and you.

so we need to be patient with people's progress. to enjoy people we must allow for growth and for development. paul could say, "i'm not the man i used to be, thank GOD. but also, thank GOD, i'm not the man i'm going to be. i'm growing and changing."

now let me apply this, ok? if you want to enjoy your marriage, i mean really enjoy it you've got to learn to enjoy your husband or your wife right now while allowing for growth and development. enjoy them where they are right now.

not, well when my wife, when my husband get’s their act together then i’ll enjoy him, enjoy her.
no you won’t because the moment they meet your conditions you’ll have another one and then another one and then...

you've got to learn to enjoy them where they are right now.

just a thought from the front porch...

No comments: