Thursday, November 12, 2009

what do you want out of your life?

another priority that shows whether my heart is pure, is my ambitions. what do you want out of your life? my goals reveal the direction of my heart. whatever is the number one goal in my life, ambition of my life, what's important to me, that is what is my god.

matthew 6.31-33 (phillips), ...don't worry about (these things) ... this is what pagans are always looking for; your heavenly FATHER knows you need them. (instead) set your heart first on HIS kingdom and HIS goodness and all these things will come to you as a matter of course.

the little phrase always looking for – that's ambition. don't be always looking for what everybody else is looking for.

the problem with a lot of CHRISTians, many believers have the exact same ambitions as unbelievers. no difference. they've bought into the culture, into the system. so as a result, they have the same tension. same stress. same headaches. same problems.

GOD says, set your heart first on doing what GOD wants you to do and all these other things will be brought in as a matter of choice.

have you written down your priorities anywhere? let me read you mine.

my reason for living is…

  • to glorify GOD, to make HIM look good, in everything i do. (1 corinthians 10.31
  • to serve GOD in such a way that my family will also serve HIM. (joshua 24.15b)
  • to find the harassed, helpless and aimless and show them that CHRIST understands, cares and wants to make a difference in their lives. (matthew 9.36 & psalms 10.14)

what are your ambitions?

JESUS says, happy are the pure in heart for they will see GOD.

just a thought from the front porch…

No comments: