Tuesday, April 13, 2010

just pray and ask for it...

2 corinthians 9.8 (niv), GOD is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.

do you need GOD’s sustaining grace to relieve your hurt? you're in over your head and you're about to go under. you're ready to throw in the towel. you're ready to give up. you've given up on a relationship, a job, a dream, whatever. and you have physical pain, emotional pain, or a pain in a relationship. GOD wants to say to you HIS grace will sustain you and help you do the things that are right. let him have your pain.

some of you are thinking back to that person who has hurt you many years ago and saying, "i can't do it. i don't know how to forgive that person. they hurt me too bad. i don't have the power to forgive that person. i can't just let him go." you're exactly right! that's why you need GOD's grace to help you do what you cannot do on your own.

some of you parents have been hurt by your children, some of you children have been hurt by your parents. you can't forgive them but GOD's grace will give you that power. receive it and offer it to that person.

GOD's sustaining grace is available to you right here and right now.

would you pray a simple prayer in your heart? would you say "dear GOD, i know i need you. who am i kidding? LORD i need your sustaining grace. i need the power to keep on keeping on. i'm tired, frustrated. i know what's the right thing to do but i feel like giving up. i need your sustaining grace. with your grace remove and renew the hurt in my life, and relieve it. FATHER, if you see fit to leave it there a short time longer, however long, give me the sustaining grace to see it through, to handle it. i ask this not because i deserve it but because of YOUR grace and who YOU are."

FATHER, i want to thank you for the good news of your grace – the gospel. i pray that today many people here would experience it in their heart and in their lives. i pray that today many are opening their heart to JESUS CHRIST and inviting HIM in as they say yes to you. thank you. in JESUS' name. amen.

just a thought from the front porch…

4 comments:

Lynn Baber said...

Should we forgive if there is no repentance? Forgiveness is between the one hurt and the one responsible for the hurt. Finding freedom from the burden of hurt is between God and me. He will be faithful to remove what I freely give back to Him; lifting my heart and freeing my spirit. Then, we can leave the care of and about the one who hurt us in the hands of One Who is more than able to handle it properly.

Bill Williams said...

we forgive no matter what the other person does. that is our responsibility to ourselves and to GOD.

Anonymous said...

We forgive with the grace of God and have this amazing blessing. What is forgiveness I ask myself? Is there a scale such as 1-10 and we go throught he forgiveness process? Or one day we PRAY (and pray and pray...) And forgive!?!? people have different reasons that they (or I) hold onto pain. Pain is pain; each persons own experience. My question though is can we truelly forgive without ever contacting the person and saying "I forgive you"? I feel as if it is something in my heart and I agree that it is between me an God and what the other person does is up to them to heal and to choose to quit hurting others besides me. And when do I know if I have truelly Forgiven?

Bill Williams said...

we know that we have completely forgiven when we get to the point that there is no more pain when we think about the person who hurt us. of course we need GOD grace to finally get to this point.