Saturday, July 21, 2012

let’s pray…

the problem for many of you is that you can’t trust GOD because you have a wrong conception about who HE is and what HE’s like.  maybe you were brought up in a way to think of GOD as a cold tyrant, as a harsh judge who’s angry with you and HE never smiles at you and HE’s never happy with you. HE’s always putting you down and HE wants to make your life miserable because you cannot measure up.  JESUS CHRIST said that HE came to reveal the FATHER.  HE came to show us what GOD is really like.  HE was the son of GOD.  he says, “GOD loves you as a father loves his children.”  GOD cares for you. GOD says you are valuable.

GOD wants to meet your needs. all these other things will be brought into focus if you will trust HIM.

would you get a new image of GOD in your life today?  would you pray this in your heart.  GOD will hear you.  HE knows your heart.  HE knows the very things you’re thinking.  just say,

dear GOD, you know i’ve worried.  it’s because i’ve been trying to do it all myself instead of letting YOU be at the control center of my life. 

if you’ve refused to let GOD at the control center of your life, you have a right to worry.  but say,

GOD, help me to realize that YOU do love me and that YOU care about me and that i’m valuable to YOU and that YOU want to take care of my needs.  JESUS CHRIST, help me to understand it more.  as much as i know how, i ask you to become the manager of my life.  i want to do things YOUr way and not my way and i know YOU will take care of me.  GOD, i want to drop all my cares and burdens on YOU.  i want to lay my worries and fears and anxieties at YOUr feet.  FATHER, YOU have promised to take care of me if i will trust YOU. from this moment forward,  i’m going to trust YOU.  in JESUS name i pray.  amen.

just a prayerful thought from bill’s front porch…

No comments: