Saturday, June 5, 2010

how much does GOD love you?...

so how much does GOD love you?

well ephesians 3.17-18 (niv) says, i pray that you will grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of CHRIST. there are four dimensions there, four words: wide ... long ... high ... deep. these are four ways CHRIST's love grows for you.

first of all, GOD's love is wide enough to include everybody

psalm 145.17 (niv), the LORD is loving toward all HE has made. all – everybody.

john 3.16 (niv), GOD so loved the world… who does that include? everybody. it's universal.

the good news is that GOD loves me. the bad news is that HE loves my enemies just as much. JESUS loved the unlovely and that's what got him in trouble with the religious fanatics. everybody you meet this week GOD loves them. and HE loves them unconditionally. GOD never made a person that HE didn't love. HE loves you. HE loves you very, very much. you matter to GOD.

do want to know the secret of self-esteem? here it is. if you want to feel good about yourself, if you want confidence realize how much you matter to GOD. HE loves you, HE made you and GOD doesn't make junk!

listen, if i like me and GOD likes me, if you don't like me it's you that's got a problem. if GOD likes me who cares what anybody else thinks. because GOD loves me i don't have to prove my self worth. that is so relaxing.

i don't need the props anymore to make me feel good about myself. i don't have to wear a certain kind of clothes to make me feel like i'm ok. i don't have to drive a certain kind of car to prop up my faltering ego. i don't have to have certain status symbols around my house. i don't need them. GOD has looked at me and said, “he's ok!” HE made you and HE loves you. GOD's love is wide enough to include everyone.

just a thought from the front porch…

4 comments:

The Good Tale said...

It is written Satan has deceived the whole world until the heel of time when a woman shall bruise him by exposing his lies Gen 3:15 check out the bruising of Satan and the true love of God at
http://thegoodtale.blogspot.com

Bill Williams said...

GOD loves everyone even satan but not everyone realizes the relational benefit of that love. JESUS is the example of GOD's love for us. HE died for all so no one should perish. GOD gave HIS SON john 3;16, but we have to accept the gift to receive the benefit of HIS love.

The Observer said...

Put Blogs on Christianity in the search engine and found you! I am looking for good Christian blogs to follow.

Thanks for this good post on how much God loves us--we can never be reminded too often.

Blessings to you.

Bill Williams said...

very good to have you. welcome!!!