Friday, March 18, 2011

life, happiness and approval…

no matter who rejects me, GOD never will.  psalm 27.10 (niv), even if my mother and father forsake me, the LORD will receive me.  even those who brought me into this world, even if they reject me, the LORD won't. 

some of you may still be trying to win your parents' approval. you never could get it growing up.  let me say, if your parents rejected you growing up, it wasn't your problem, it was their problem.  parents are not to reject their kids.  so it's not your problem, it's their problem.  maybe it was because they were rejected and they're just turning it on somebody else.  many of you, even as adults, are still trying to win your parents' approval in many and varied different ways.  the truth is, if you haven't got it by now you may never get it.  you probably won't. some of you have had parents who've died and there's no way they can give you their approval. 

i’d say, you won't get it but it doesn't matter.  you don't need it.  you don't need it to be happy.  it says, even if my mother and father forsake me, the LORD will receive me. your happiness does not depend on other people. 

have you been looking to other people to meet a need that only GOD can satisfy?  watch out!  you're headed for trouble.  are you looking to others to meet a need that only GOD can satisfy?  have you been living to please the wrong person?  GOD wants to be your light and your salvation.  HE knows everything about you and HE still loves you.  JESUS CHRIST paid for your sins so you can be acceptable to GOD. you can be forgiven.  i would encourage you to simplify your life by saying, “i’m going to concentrate on GOD’s approval.  that’s what counts.  i’m going to concentrate on GOD’s approval.  i want my life to be pleasing to HIM.  i want to stand at the end of my life and hear him say, well done, thou good and faithful servant.”

how do i get GOD’s approval?  there is only one way.  there are not many ways.  there is only one way the bible says to get GOD’s approval.  hebrews 11.2 says it is by faith we win GOD’s approval.  we accept HIS love and what HE’s done for us.  we trust our lives to HIM.  if you’ve never done that, would you do that right now?  would you say, “GOD, i want to switch the focus of my life starting here from living for the approval of other people – boyfriend, boss, husband, wife, family, kids, popular people, people next door – and i want to focus on YOUr approval and i want to have YOUr approval by putting my faith in YOU and trusting what JESUS CHRIST has done for me.  i want to give my life to YOU.” say that in your heart.  “yes, LORD, i want to trust YOU and commit myself to YOU.”

just a thought from the front porch…

5 comments:

Earlied said...

I am so moved because when i am down at times, I believed and being assured that God always listen and provide strength. Thanks for sharing your wisdom.

baili said...

there was a time when i was about to be broken but i called him who loves me more then anybody else ,he listened me and provided what ever i asked for ,the courage ,strength and peace .

believe me or not he made me realize his love and care for me from the nail of my feet to hair of my head .everything i am surrounded by is proves his love for me ,
now i feel his love inside me,i never feel alone or need some one to approve me ,he set me free from needs and fears .and life with such freedom is worth living .god bless

Bill Williams said...

HE is what we need if we will just call out to HIM. thanks for sharing!

Mark@3-fold Cord.com said...

The key here is the work accomplished by Jesus Christ. Hebrews 11 was addressing how the faith of the ancients was counted as righteousness. However verse 39 and 40 sums it all up:

39 These were all commended for their faith, yet none of them received what had been promised, 40 since God had planned something better for us so that only together with us would they be made perfect.

Thank you for your post!

Blessings,

Bill Williams said...

thank you, mark.