Sunday, August 7, 2011

the secret to GOD’s blessing…

so here’s the question: who will i bless with affirmation this week?  who could you just give a word of encouragement: “you know what you’re good at?  you know what i like about you?”

here is how GOD blesses you.  HE treats you with dignity and courtesy.  HE offers you mercy.  HE expresses sympathy for your hurts.  HE is honest about your faults.  HE affirms you expectantly.  so here is the secret.  you can’t offer these to other people until first you’ve accepted them from GOD.  you can’t do these with other people until first you’ve accepted them from GOD.  why?  because your pot’s empty.  you don’t have anything to give.  so you need to accept these things from GOD.  you can’t treat people the way JESUS would unless you’ve got JESUS in you.  i’m not just talking about being a CHRISTian.  i’m talking about HE’s at the center of your life.  then you can do these things.

let’s bow our heads right now and talk to GOD about it.  pray these words:

“dear GOD, i want my words to be a blessing to other people this week.  but i realize that before i can offer these things to others i have to accept them from YOU.  so today, dear GOD, help me to see and feel my value in YOUr eyes.  thank YOU that YOU show me mercy.  thank YOU that YOU’re sympathetic to my hurts and my fears and my doubts.  thank YOU that YOU understand me and YOU bring out the bet in me.” 

if you’ve never asked JESUS CHRIST into your life add this sentence. 

“JESUS i want to get to know YOU and i ask YOU to come into my life.” 

then pray,

“FATHER, this week i ask you to give me the courage to face the truth about myself and what needs changing in my life.  then give me the courage to speak the truth in love with my family and with those around me that i care about.  help me to show courtesy and mercy and sympathy to those who cross my path this week.”  in JESUS’ name.  amen. 

just a thought from the front porch…

3 comments:

suzanne.anderson030 said...

Love Bill's front porch! This is exactly what I needed to pray, meditate and rest my thoughts on today.

Rachel said...

Hi Bill .. like the new look :-) How true it is we can only give what we've been given - and every good gift is from our Father in Heaven. But as you said, we have to accept what He is so freely giving us.

Rachel

Bill Williams said...

good to have the comments!!!