Friday, November 18, 2011

i need supernatural power…

now to control my tongue i need GOD’s help everyday.  i can’t do it in my own power, i need supernatural power.  we can’t do it on our own so we need to ask GOD to help us. 

a good way to start every morning is to pray what the psalmist in psalm 141.3 (ncv) prayed, LORD, help me control my tongue; help me be careful about what i say.  pray that when you are about to criticize your spouse.  pray that when you are about to be judgemental. “ LORD, don’t let me say things without thinking.  please don’t let me say things off the cuff and then i regret it.”  just pray that daily, LORD, help me control my tongue; help me be careful about what i say.  

sidlow baxter said,  “the proof that GOD’s SPIRIT is in your life is not that you speak in an unknown tongue but you control the tongue you know.”  if you are careful about what you say and you ask GOD then HE will give you the power to not slander, not lie, not exaggerate.

another thing to be reminded of is to read GOD’s word.  this is also a way HE will help us.
there is a computer statement that says, garbage in, garbage out.  what goes into your mind, goes into your heart.  what goes into your heart, comes out of your mouth.  fill your mind with the word of GOD – with positive things, whatsoever things that are true, etc. – think on these things.

GOD is there to empower us through HIS word and through HIS SPIRIT.  just read and ask.

just a thought from the front porch…

No comments: