Thursday, February 14, 2013

listening and blessing…

it’s not the knowledge that changes you.  it’s the doing it that changes you.  if you don’t do it and you know to do it you lose your passion.  the bible is very clear about this.

james 1. 23-25 (njb), anyone who listens to the word and takes no action is like some nobody who looks at himself in a mirror and then goes off and immediately forgets it.  but anyone who puts it in practice [that’s applying the truth] will be blessed in every undertaking.

i’m sure you would like GOD to bless every single thing you undertake in life.  i know i would.  it’s not rocket science. 
.
over a hundred times in scripture GOD says “if you want ME to bless everything you do just do what I tell you.  if you’ll just do what I tell you to do I will bless everything you do.  I’ll bless your career.  I’ll bless your relationships.  I’ll bless your finances.  I’ll bless your health.  I’ll bless your future.  I will bless it all if you’ll just do what i have told you to do.”  it’s simple.

but the blessing does not come from listening – hearing the truth.  no – the blessing comes from doing the truth, applied truth.  james 1.22 (nlt), remember.  it is a message to obey not just to listen to.  if you don’t obey it you’re only fooling yourself.  we’re deceiving ourselves. 

we can go to church, hear these sermons, these teachings, these spiritual truths, if you go out and don’t do anything about it, you’re just kidding yourself.  fooling yourself.  you’re not growing.  you think you’re growing spiritually but you’re not.  the way you grow is by doing it, by practicing it.  by putting it in to action.

just a thought from the front porch…

No comments: