Friday, August 30, 2013

It’s the fear…

Step 6 of making wise decision is Face your fears.

It is fear that is at the root of all of your indecision.  It is the fear that you will make a mistake, that you’ll fail, that you’ll embarrass yourself.  It’s the fear that you will make a commitment that you can’t keep.  It is the fear that somebody will laugh at me, reject me because of my commitment.  It’s always, always fear that keeps you and makes you be indecisive. 

We don’t like to admit that we’re afraid so we make excuses.  Moses said, “I can’t talk.”  Gideon said, “I’m too young.”  Abraham said, “I’m too old.” 

So what’s your excuse? 

GOD has a dream for your life and JESUS CHRIST wants to be a part of your life.  Some of you are saying “I don’t have the time, I don’t have the money, I don’t have the experience, I don’t have the education, I don’t have the contacts, I don’t have the resources, If only I were married, If only I were unmarried, If only I were older, or younger, in another country, in another year.....”  It’s fear that’s keeping you from making the decision that GOD wants you to make. 

Ecclesiastes 11.4 (TLB) says, “If you wait for perfect conditions, you will never get anything done.” 

Perfectionism paralyzes potential.  GOD has always used imperfect people in imperfect situations to get HIS will done.  Always.  If you’re waiting for that perfect person to come along – they’re not coming.  If you’re waiting for that perfect situation, things to be just right, or certain things to get over before you really get committed to CHRIST – it’s not going to happen.  The basic commitments of life must be made in the middle of the stuff of life.  Life goes on.

What’s the antidote to fear?  Faith.  Romans 8.31 (NIV), “If GOD is for us, who can be against us?”  You trust GOD and start moving.  In spite of the problems, fears, doubts. 

The secret is that you move against your fear, do the thing you fear the most.

Just a thought from the front porch… 

No comments: