Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Emotional but not physical…

You know and you have to be responsible before God to guard your own thoughts.  If you don't it can lead to step two, which is emotional, non physical involvement.


To assume that all is well between a man and a woman just because there is no physical contact is a big mistake.  What I mean by an emotional affair is when you find yourself attached to a person other than your spouse.  That person may be able to meet for you emotional needs of caring, encouragement, support, love that you may not be getting from your spouse but you find yourself attached to this other person. 

I think unbelievers don't spend a whole lot of time here.  But CHRISTians do.  They very easily develop emotional attachment to people they have no business developing attachments to. 

There was a pastor's wife a few years ago who was in a very unhappy marriage and she said, "I have begun to talk to a man in the church who is so sympathetic, so kind, seems to be so understanding of my pain.  He's never touched me.  If he ever does, I'm a gonner."

I believe some of you know exactly what I'm talking about.  I have prayed that the HOLY SPIRIT would use this time to show you a dangerous involvement that you have and what you've been saying is OK because there was no physical contact but you realize that you have an attachment for someone other than your spouse and it's dangerous. 

Song of Solomon 8:6 "Close your heart to every love but mine."  That is something you need to do in your relationships.

Just a thought from the front porch…

No comments: