Tuesday, November 25, 2008

a dream...

dreams are very important. i came to las vegas over 14 years ago with a dream that has carried me through some very difficult times. did i reach my dream? no but it had great value.

my life has been one of living in a place for 4 or 5 years and then leaving. that was handed down to me by my dad, he was a minister and he would stay at a place for 4 years and then get back into evangelism where we stayed for only 10 days in a place and then moved on, so my staying in one place for 14 years broke that chain of moving which will mean that my kids will see that they don't have to keep moving. my dream did that for me and for them.

my dream held me steady so my wife margaret could stay long enough in her job so she could become extremely successful so we would have a more secure opportunity in our later years. also my son and daughter found their mates while we have been in vegas.

so my dream wasn't fulfilled in one way but it brought great fulfillment in other ways. maybe to GOD the giving of the dream is not to fulfill it but to let it fulfill me. i don't know but i do know that GOD has a plan and i am glad that i am living in it.

No comments: