Sunday, June 7, 2009

a thanks and a prayer...

i love how the message paraphrases philippians 1.3-4, every time you cross my mind, i break out in exclamations of thanks to GOD. each exclamation is a trigger to prayer.

it is so easy for us when we think of people to think about how they've hurt us or how they can do something for us. but paul says two great things for us to do when someone crosses our mind: i break out in exclamations of thanks to GOD, that is such a great way to think about people by thanking GOD for them and then each exclamation is a trigger to prayer – see it as GOD sending a message to you that this person needs your prayer right now. do you realize what a difference we would make in people's live if we were thankful for them and then we prayed for them every time we thought about them?

there have been many times in my life when I was going through some difficult time where I needed GOD's help and I would ask HIM to have my mother or my mother-in-law to pray for me. i believed in their prayer life.

what if during your day when your husband or your wife or your kids or your parents came to your mind you would in the quietness of your heart just thank GOD for letting them be in my life and then say as specific a prayer as you can for them. maybe that's why GOD brought them to your mind.

try it today. just a thought from the front porch...

No comments: