Monday, October 19, 2009

JESUS is what you need...

john 6.35 (ms), JESUS said, "I am the BREAD of LIFE. the person who aligns with ME hungers no more and thirsts no more, ever."

wonder bread! as you know bread is the basic essential of life. you can live on bread and water. this is the basic essential food of life. have you noticed that in a famine they fly stuff in and the first thing they unload is flour to make bread?

and JESUS is saying "I'm the BREAD of LIFE! I'm it. what you really need to live is ME! I can meet your needs. you're looking for everything else, but I'm the BREAD of LIFE, I'm the essential. I'm what you need. you need ME and you can't do without ME."

there is a new age movement these days. one of the things they say is "find satisfaction in yourself." "find happiness within."

that is so stupid! when you are physically hungry do you tell your stomach, "feed yourself!" does that work?

no, you have to go to an outside source to get some food to feed yourself. when there is a spiritual vacuum in your life you don't say to yourself, "be your own god!" that leaves you just as empty as before.

you have to go to an outside source, to GOD, who made you and created you with that vacuum so you would know HIM and love HIM and be loved by HIM. HE is the BREAD of LIFE.

just a thought from the front porch…

No comments: