Tuesday, October 20, 2009

we need JESUS for us to survive...

john 4.13-14 (ms), JESUS said, "everyone who drinks this water will get thirsty again and again. anyone who drinks the water I give will never thirst—not ever. the water I give will be an artesian spring within, gushing fountains of endless life."

water is even more essential than food. you can go several weeks without food, but you can't go more than about three days without water. about 70% of your body is water. every cell in your body needs water to survive. you can't survive without water.

JESUS is saying "it's more than you want ME – you need ME. you need ME to survive. I am the living water. I am your bread I am your water. I made you and you can't make it without ME."

when you are thirsty, cost is immaterial. it doesn't matter what it costs, you've got to have it! this is what it means to hunger and thirst for GOD.

there are really three stages in your life: i want GOD in my life; i need GOD in my life; i've got to have GOD in my life because i can't make it without HIM.

HE made me and there's an emptiness in my life. i want to know the answers of the basic questions of life: who am i? why am i here? what's the purpose of life? who's GOD? what's going to happen?

those are gut level things that are not satisfied by going to a movie, having sex, or getting stoned. those are basic inner questions of life. that is a hunger to know GOD. that's what it means to hunger and thirst for GOD. i've got to have HIM in my life. i want to know HIM. i want to know why in the world i was put on this planet. where am i going when it's all over?

just a thought from the front porch…

No comments: