Tuesday, October 30, 2012

possible and impossible…

now the bottom line to these four promises that we have just been looking at here on the front porch is i feel like GOD’s saying, “when you are burned out and tired I want to give you MY power.  in the midst of your feeling inadequate with your life, I want to give to you MY power so you can handle the devastating hurt that you’re going through right now … when you feel like you’re tempted beyond your control, I want to give you MY power …”  that’s the good news of today.  it is good news.  we don’t have to live powerless, weak lives. 

now paul understood GOD’s power when he said in philippians 413 (nlt), i have the strength to face all conditions by the power that CHRIST gives me. 

i know what some of you are thinking.  “GOD may give you the power, but HE doesn’t work like that with me.  i’m just an average CHRISTian.  i love GOD and everything but frankly, i’m fatigued, i’m stressed.  my kids are out of control.  my heart’s been broken.  my prayers aren’t answered.  i don’t see GOD’s power in my life.” 

and i understand that but i think you need to understand this that GOD’s power is not automatic.  as a matter of fact, i’ve seen a lot of CHRISTians who live their life with no more power than a non-CHRISTian.  they may have salvation, their sins forgiven and GOD’s presence, but they live with no more power. 

you see, GOD does the impossible – HE provides us HIS power.  but we do the possible.  we do the possible with faith, that GOD will do the impossible. 
                              
just a thought from the front porch…

No comments: