Thursday, January 17, 2013

starting the new year right…

HEAVENLY FATHER, what a gracious GOD you are, for sending JESUS CHRIST to die for me.  thank YOU that because of the power of the cross we are set free from the penalty of our guilt, from the power of sin that binds us up today and from the presence of sin in eternity.  right now we offer ourselves again to YOU. 

if you’ve never done so, say,  “dear JESUS CHRIST, i open my life up to YOU at the beginning of this new year.  i want 2013 to be different because JESUS CHRIST, i want YOU in my heart and my life.  thank YOU for loving me and for dying for me.  i receive YOU today.  amen.”

at the beginning of this new year, think about the four things that CHRIST has made possible for us because of the power of the cross. 

CHRIST accepts me because of the cross
CHRIST cleanses me because of the cross
CHRIST uses me because of the cross
CHRIST protects me because of the cross

LORD, YOU are more precious than silver.  YOU are more costly than gold.  and nothing i desire compares to YOU. 

just a thought from the front porch…

No comments: