Friday, November 8, 2013

Communication with GOD…

One of the most basic claims of CHRISTianity is that GOD speaks to people.  All through the Bible you see the phrase, “And GOD said…”  And pretty soon you get the idea that GOD really does speak to people.


Now GOD wants to have a personal relationship with you and there is no relationship without communication and GOD has chosen to speak to us. 

But the problem is communication is often misunderstood.  When my wife speaks to me I often, a) don’t hear it, and b) misunderstand it.  I’m sure that I’m not the only man who ever felt that way! 

Now if I have that much difficulty with my wife who I’ve spent 39 years of my life with and love and know and who I still don’t always communicate clearly.  So how much should you expect there to be communications problems with GOD.  There are communication problems with GOD.

Some people think that pastors always understand exactly what GOD wants us to do but that’s not true.  Sometimes I’m just as much in the dark about hearing GOD as you are.

But on the other hand, there are times in my life when GOD speaks to me when I know exactly who it is, who’s putting that idea in my mind.  I know where that impression is coming from. What makes the difference?  The difference is attitude.

JESUS told a story in Luke 8, a parable, in which HE says, “Let me explain to you that it’s all about a mental attitude.  Now there are four kinds of attitudes that will depend whether you get the message clearly from GOD or whether you don’t. 

This is so important.  If you can tune into GOD He can direct you, HE can save you a lot of time from making wrong decision, HE can comfort you when you need comfort and HE can guide you, and so on.

So that is where we are going to be for awhile here on Bill’s Front Porch.

Just a beginning thought from the front porch…

No comments: