Thursday, November 7, 2013

Let’s pray…

Would you pray this prayer in your heart?  “GOD, I’m not making it in [and then mention the area]”.  Maybe, “GOD, I’m not making it as a parent.” Or, “I’m not making it as a partner.”  Or, “I’m not making it as a professional.  And I need YOUr help in my life.  I must decrease and YOU must increase.  I admit my need for YOUr power in every area of my life.  Not just some areas. I need YOUr power and YOUr guidance in every area of my life.  I humble myself before YOU.” 

The Bible says, “Humble yourself in the sight of the LORD. ... GOD resists the proud but gives grace to the humble ... Before honor is humility.”   Those who humble them self, GOD lifts us up and HE gives us power to do what HE’s called us to do. 

Is there an area of your life you’re trying to get control of and it’s out of control.  Say, “GOD, I admit this is not working!  I need YOUr help in every area of my life, including this one.” 

FATHER, I thank YOU for YOUr word.  I’m grateful for all the many times YOU’ve never given up on me, that YOU’ve continued to work in my life.  I pray that I would never get over the day that YOU saved me and never stopped being amazed that YOU’ve gifted and called me. I pray that each of us would sense YOUr presence in our lives right now.  In JESUS’ name.  Amen.

Just a thought from the front porch…

No comments: