Monday, December 9, 2013

Know about but don’t know HIM…


Some of you know about GOD but you don’t know Him.  Some of you know about JESUS, but you really don’t know HIM.  You have a religion not a relationship.  You may have gone to Sunday School or catechism as a kid and you’re in church every week but you don’t have that relationship.

There is a man that comes by my house everyday.  He’s our mail carrier.  I know who he is, I know what he looks like, I say hi to him but I don’t really know him.  I know about him but I don’t really know him.  That’s the difference.

One of the proofs that you know you’re a CHRISTian is that GOD talks to you on a regular basis and you listen and you hear and you talk back. 

Many people think that GOD only talks to super saints.  No.  Those of you who are parents, do you only talk to your smartest kid? (I hope you are going to say no)  GOD talks to all HIS true children – young believers, old believers, baby believers, grown up believers.  It assures me I’m in God’s family.

Just a thought from the front porch….

No comments: