Saturday, December 7, 2013

Why it is so important to really hear GOD speak…


So why is it so important to really hear GOD speak?  And that is a very good question.  One reason is it assures me that I’m in GOD’s family.

The proof that you really know JESUS CHRIST, that you have a relationship, is that you hear GOD speak to you.  JESUS said in John 10.14&16 (Ph), (JESUS), “I know those who are MINE...and they hear MY voice...”

If you’ve never heard GOD speak to you, if you’ve never sensed HIS speaking to you in your heart and in your mind, you have every reason to doubt that you’re really a true believer, that you’re in the family of GOD and that you’re on your way to heaven.  You have every reason to doubt it because JESUS said, “those who are MINE hear MY voice.”

Some of you may be brand new believers and when you first get started sometimes it’s a little bit difficult to figure out, “is this GOD talking to me or not?”  You’re not used to HIS voice.  But if you’re really a child of GOD you’re going to know your FATHER’s voice.

When I call my grandkids, I don’t have to say, “This is Bill Williams your Papa.”  I just start talking to them and they know my voice.  When Brett, my son or Stef, my daughter call me, they don’t have to say, “This is Stef,” or “This is Brett.”  I know their voices.  Why?  Because I have a relationship with them.

If you don’t have that, if you don’t ever hear GOD speaking to you, you need to be saved because you’re not going to heaven unless you have a relationship with CHRIST.  It’s really clear.  It is available to anybody who says, “JESUS, I want a relationship with YOU.  GOD, I want to know YOU.  I want to communicate with YOU.”

Just a thought from the front porch…

No comments: