Friday, December 6, 2013

GOD’s hearing aid…


The Psalmist says there in Psalm 119.67, 71-72 (LB), “I used to wander off until YOU punished me; now I closely follow all YOU say...The punishment YOU gave me was the best thing that could have happened to me, for it taught me to pay attention to YOUr laws.”  

Pain gets our attention.  It’s GOD’s hearing aid.  GOD whispers to us in our pleasures but HE shouts to us in our pain.  Pain is GOD’s megaphone.  When you’re hurting GOD is saying, “Hey!  There’s somebody here who wants to help!  You can depend on ME.  I’ll help you through that tough time, if you’ll let ME.”

Pain is GOD’s way, often, of getting your attention.  When you hear GOD speak, in your heart, you can change.  Nobody can really have lasting change unless JESUS CHRIST is in your life.  Nobody can have their life turned around so radically for the good unless you get a power greater than yourself in your life to do it and develop a relationship with JESUS CHRIST.

Just a thought from the front porch…

No comments: