Tuesday, December 10, 2013

It will stop you from making mistakes…


It is so important to really hear GOD speak because it protects me from mistakes.

The Bible says in Job 33.14, 17-18 (LB), “GOD speaks...causing them to change their minds, and keeping them from pride, and...from falling into some trap.” 

If you listen, GOD will warn you in advance and you’ll avoid a whole lot of mistakes in life, if you really start tuning into GOD.  He’ll tell you.

A few years back, I had the opportunity to go to another church from where I was pastoring at the time.  It was a larger church and I went and interviewed with the board and they gave a unanimous vote to bring my name before all the members.  On the Saturday night right before they were to vote on us on Sunday morning, I was in deep prayer and I had within me a deep sense that this was a mistake, that it just wasn’t right, so I called my superior and told him I was sorry but I didn’t want them to vote on me. 

I know beyond all doubt that it would have been a big mistake.  I was where GOD wanted me at the time.  GOD stopped me from making a big mistake.

I can’t tell you how many times I have been saved from making major mistakes.  If you listen to GOD it will save you a lot of mistakes.

Just a thought from the front porch…

No comments: