Friday, December 20, 2013

Steps on how to pray about a problem…


Look at these steps on how to pray about a problem or a difficult decision.  What do you do when you're in a situation and you don't know what to do?  How do you know the will of God?  You've got to get a rhema. 

So you first, confess any known sin in your life.

You say, "GOD, I don't want anything to be blocking our relationship.  Is there any bad attitude I've got?  Is there any thing I'm doing that YOU want me to stop doing?  Is there something YOU've been telling me to start doing that I haven't been?" 

You stop and get your life all cleaned up, a kind of spiritual washing.  The Bible says in 1 John 1:9 (NIV), "If we confess our sins, HE is faithful to forgive us."  Just confess it and make sure the channel is open to GOD. 
Then commit the decision to CHRIST.

Proverbs 3:5-6 (NIV), "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and don't lean on your own understanding.  In all your ways acknowledge HIM and HE will make your path straight."  You don't go out and try to figure it out all yourself.  "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and don't lean on your own understanding.  In all your ways acknowledge HIM and HE will bring it to pass."

Put yourself in neutral gear.  That may take some time.  You say, "GOD, about this problem I'm facing or this decision, whatever YOU want is what I want."  Put yourself in neutral gear and keep praying until you can get that way about the situation. 

You say, "LORD, whatever YOU want is fine with me.  If YOU want it, I want it.  If YOU don't want it, I don't want it."  The attitude is the attitude that CHRIST had in the Garden of Gethsemane before HE went to the cross and HE said, "Not MY will be done, but THINE be done."  You say, "I don't know.  This is a difficult problem I'm facing and I don't know what to do with it so whatever YOU want." Put yourself in neutral gear and commit it to the LORD. 

Just a thought from the front porch…

No comments: