Wednesday, January 1, 2014

A couple of things that GOD says about love…

So how do you develop the kind of love that lasts?  You have to understand what real love is all about.  GOD has a different kind of love in our lives.

And this leads us to a couple of things that GOD says about love.  HE helps us to understand what it really is.  

1.  GOD says that love is a matter of choice. 

Colossians 3:14 (NIV), "And over all these virtues, put on love, which binds them all together." 

Notice the phrase, "put on love".  I choose to put it on.  There's an action that I take that makes it work in my life.  If it were a feeling, or just an accident, then GOD couldn't command it.  But HE can command an action in our lives.

2.         Love is a matter of conduct.  It's how I act.

I John 3:18 (LB), "Let us not love with words or tongue, but with actions and truth." 

Actions – that's what love is really all about.  It's how I act towards another person. 

You can talk until you're blue in the face but your heart will always be read in your actions.  Always. 

Just a thought from the front porch…

No comments: