Saturday, March 1, 2014

Two ways to know you matter to GOD…

You've got to know you matter to somebody more than just a crowd. How do I know that I matter to GOD? 

There are two ways to know that you matter to GOD:

1.  Every second of every minute of every hour of every day of every week of every week of every year of every decade GOD is thinking about you.  From the moment HE decided to make you, HE's never stopped thinking about you.  You don't think about GOD all the time but HE thinks about you all the time.  Why?  Because you matter to HIM and HE's interested in every area of your life. 

Psalm 139:16-17 (LB), "You saw me before I was born and scheduled each day of my life…How precious it is, LORD, to realize that you are thinking about me constantly." 

That is amazing: that the universe CREATOR thinks about me constantly and thinks about you constantly.  That shows how much you matter.

2.  HE sent HIS SON to die for you.  Romans 5:8 (LB),"GOD showed HIS great love for us by sending CHRIST to die for us."  "

I Peter 1:18-19 (NIV), "You were redeemed from the empty way of life with the precious blood of CHRIST." 

Do you want to know how much you matter, how much you're worth?  Look at the cross.  JESUS CHRIST says to you, "I care bout you this much."  You matter to ME this much.  GOD thought you were worth dying for. 

How many people would JESUS CHRIST come and die for?  One, if it had just been you.  Every time you wear a cross around your neck that is a symbol of your significance that GOD says, “You were worth dying for.”  You need to understand that GOD has settled this issue about you, that you matter to HIM.

Isaiah 49:16 (NIV), "I have engraved you in the palms of MY hands." 

One day you can stand before JESUS CHRIST and say, "JESUS, do I mean anything to YOU?"  And HE'll hold out HIS hands with nail scars and say, "This is how much you mean to ME.  I have engraved you on the palms of MY hands." 

Just a thought from the front porch…

No comments: