Tuesday, September 28, 2010

a day of release, relief and freedom…

let me pray for you… “dear FATHER, i know without a doubt that there are people who are suffering under an intense load of guilt and shame and regret from personal failures. i don’t even have to mention them and it’s already pulsating in their brain. for some, it’s been eating away at them for years. let this day be their day of release and relief and the freedom that comes from understanding and accepting the grace of YOUr SON, JESUS CHRIST.”

i’d like to encourage you to talk to GOD. say something like, “dear GOD, i know you know everything about me. YOU know the failures in my life big and small. and YOU already know the things that i’m ashamed of. YOU know my regrets, my sins, my mistakes, my bad habits, the things that i’ve said and done and the failures i feel bad about. i know YOU want to teach me and motivate me and help me grow through what i’ve done and what i’ve gone through. i’m giving YOU all the pieces. i admit that i need YOUr forgiveness and i ask YOU to forgive me right now. clean the slate. JESUS CHRIST, i don’t understand it, but i thank YOU for dying for my sins on the cross so i can be forgiven. i want to commit my life to YOU. i want to follow YOU as best i know how. thank YOU for forgiving my failures instantly and completely and repeatedly and freely. help me to feel forgiven and learn to forgive myself and learn to offer that forgiveness to others. i want to spend the rest of my life living in YOUr grace and i want YOU to use my failures to help others. help me to know YOUr purpose for my life, YOUr plan for my life and my place in this world.”

if you sincerely prayed this prayer and meant it, in the name of JESUS CHRIST, you are forgiven. you are forgiven!

just a thought from the front porch…

No comments: