Monday, May 24, 2010

GOD can change our plans…

now i want us to take this idea – that GOD is in control – and look at some practical ways this applies to your life. how does it make an impact on my life that HE is in control?

well for one the bible says that since GOD is in control, my plans have a limit. they are tentative.

you've heard the phrase, “the sky's the limit” but the fact is the sky isn't the limit. GOD is. HE decides what are the limitations in your life.

proverbs 19.21 (niv), many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails.

proverbs 16.1 (tev), we may make our plans, but GOD has the last word. it says, GOD has the last word.

have you discovered that things do not always go the way you planned them? at best your plans are tentative because you can't see ahead. you make plans but they really are changeable. many times GOD has a better idea.

how many of you did not marry the first person you intended to marry? the first career you intended to go into? GOD changed your plans.

when i was 21 i thought that i was suppose to marry someone other than my wife, margaret. i was engaged to someone else but GOD changed my plans. we broke up and went our separate ways and at 27 GOD brought margaret again into my life and we got married the week she turned 18. my plans were to get married at 22 but GOD's plan was 27. margaret wasn't old enough yet, when i was 22 she was 13 and GOD knows best.

i also made plans to be a very successful secure staff minister in a large church where i didn't have to worry about all of the problems of being a lead pastor, especially the matter of preaching. i wasn't ever going to preach. that was my plan but GOD changed my plans and this blog represents 20+ years of preaching and i'm glad he did.

just a thought from the front porch…

5 comments:

Bonnie said...

Hey Bill. Just read your post about God's plans for us. You hit the nail on the head!!!

Early in my life, as a Christian, I struggled with why God did not answer my prayers. Although, I must say, as you said, my prayers were answered, but in "His timing."

Today, in my sixties, I look back on my life and see a "perfect" life map he prepared for me. (Chuckling) Life is not as complicated as we make it. I've found that if I don't listen to the ego and listen to my heart, life runs much smoother. I think what most Christians don't understand is there is such a thing called the "heart and head connection."

I'm really enjoying your posts. Sorry I haven't commented sooner, but I've been busy re-vamping my new blog. I have three ongoing, but God has been "hinting" at my new one. Thanks for stopping by to visit. Mine is more of spiritual, psychology, and philosophy.

Have a nice day Bob.

Bill Williams said...

thanks bonnie, for your visit. putting our trust in the only true GOD does simplify our lives.

Diah said...

Yah ur right Bill...we humanbeing just could Plan and God who has power over all

Ali said...

awesome post bill..
we just dont know where life will take us in future..

ali

Ian said...

So if God's plan is the only plan that matters, why bother praying?

After all, isn't praying asking God to change his plan?

It seems rather rude asking God to change his plan when he knows best. It's sort of like a child arguing with a parent, and we all know how that normally ends up.