Tuesday, August 6, 2013

how to put it on?...

matthew 11.28-30 (gnb), come to me, all of you who are tired from carrying your heavy loads and I will give you rest.  the yoke I will give you is easy and the load I will put on you is light.

what’s GOD’s yoke?  HIS plan and purpose.  how heavy is it?  it’s light.  it’s easy. 

how do you put on GOD’s yoke?  if you want to have HIS yoke, what you need to do is  ... study the bible real hard?  ... never miss church?  ... always be perfect?  ... be sure and take communion at least once a week?  ... witness to everybody in sight that you see?  is that what HE’s saying? no

HE says, “come to me all of you who are tired from carrying your heavy loads and i will give you rest.” 

notice HE does not say, “if you want to get rid of your stress, come to church.  if you want to get rid of your stress, come to the bible... come to a seminar...”  he says come to CHRIST. 

the answer to your stress is not a bunch of principles.  the answer to your stress is a relationship to a person JESUS CHRIST.  “come to me.  I will give you deep, abiding, gut level rest.  let’s do a little transfer of yokes here.”  it’s a personal invitation. 

just a thought from the front porch…

No comments: