Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Only those who give it, get it…

Be merciful.  Why?  Not only has GOD been merciful to me in the past but I’m going to need it in the future.  I don’t expect to be perfect from now until the time that I die, so I’m going to need more mercy. 

James 2.13 (Phillips), “The man who makes no allowances for others will find none made for him.”

Only those who give it, get it. Those who give mercy, get mercy.  Those who don’t give mercy, don’t get mercy back. 

You say, “But you don’t know how much this person hurt me!  And they continue to hurt me!  I just can’t forgive them." 

Then I hope you never sin.  Forgiveness and mercy is a two-way street. When you refuse to forgive others and refuse to show mercy to others, you’re burning the very grid you have to walk across to get to heaven.  The Bible says that those who show mercy receive mercy.  Those who don’t, do not. 

I need to be merciful, because I’m going to need it again in the future.  I'm going to make mistakes. 

Don’t burn your bridges. Be very careful about demanding justice, because GOD just might give it to you.  If we all got what we deserved, none of us would be here.  GOD does not give us what we deserve; HE gives us what we need.  And that’s mercy.  And mercy is giving to others, not what they deserve when they’ve fallen, not what they deserve when they’ve hurt us, but giving them what they need.

Just a thought from the front porch…

2 comments:

coolingstar9 said...

Yes, giving something to others, we will get something in return like joy or other good things. The best is to give happily without thinking of rewards but the rewards will come.

Bill Williams said...

So very true!