Monday, March 26, 2012

why is life burdensome?...

we have been talking here on the front porch about living up to GOD’s name?  and some of you might be saying, “that sounds like a lot of pressure to me.” 

well, if living the CHRISTian life is one big pressure to you, you’re doing it wrong.  GOD didn’t mean for it to be a pressure.  JESUS said, “I mean for it to be a life of peace, a life of rest.  my commands”, HE says, “are not burdensome.  they’re light.”

so what’s wrong?  why does it all of a sudden for many of us feel so burdensome?

the main reason it becomes burdensome is because we try to do it on our own.  instead of realizing how much GOD loves us and living that life out we take it back for ourselves and say, “i’m going to plug into my power and make it work on my own power.”

it’s not going to work.  you can’t make yourself holy any more than you can make yourself a foot taller just by your own willpower.  it comes by GOD’s power.

so i invite you this week to realize that GOD didn’t call you to live this burdensome CHRISTian life.  just don’t settle for this burden.  just say, “i’m going to ask HIM for the peace.  i’m going to spend this week thinking about how much HE loves me rather than how much i need to do for HIM.  then out of my understanding of HIS love then maybe i can begin to do things for HIM again.” 

you stop trying and you start trusting.  say, “i need this in my life to remind me that the power comes from HIM.”  it’s not a life of pressure.  it’s a life of peace.  out of that life of peace it is a worthy goal to pray, “GOD make my life honor YOUr name.” 

just a thought from the front porch…

No comments: