Monday, October 22, 2012

three things to pray …

security, stability, confidence come from being anchored in an unchanging GOD.  when everything around us is changing in this throw-away society where nothing remains the same, there is one thing that never changes and that’s GOD and who HE is.

let me ask you a personal question:  are you stressed out because of all the changes you’ve been going through?  has it been a little hectic lately?  are you feeling a little uptight about the uncertainty of your future?  would you like a rock solid foundation on which you can build a stable life?  then i invite you to pray three things: in the quietness of your heart just say to GOD,

GOD, i believe that YOU love me.  i accept your love gift of your SON, JESUS CHRIST.  FATHER, i commit myself to learning and obeying YOUr unchanging word.  i want to follow it’s advise even when it seems hard or unpopular because i know it’s the right thing to do.  GOD, i want to commit myself to cooperating with YOUr plan for my life.  help me to learn from the mistakes that I’ve made.  please forgive my sins.  i want to do what’s right.  in JESUS’ name.  amen. 

just a thought from the front porch…

No comments: