Thursday, May 2, 2013

no one appreciates me…

another common complainer is the “martyr” and moses is a great example and the martyr’s favorite phrase is “no one appreciates me.”  no one appreciates me.

look at numbers 11.11-15 (lb), moses said to the LORD, “why pick on me, to give the burden of a people like this?  i can’t carry this nation by myself! if YOU’re going to treat me like this, please kill me right now -- it will be a kindness!  let me out of this impossible situation!”

a martyr.  folks, these people are pros at having pity parties.  when they are sick or under pressure they want everybody to know about it.  “oh i feel so bad.”

it’s like the hypochondriac who put on his tombstone, “i told you i was sick.”

moses the whiner.  come just kill me.  life is tough.  it would be a kindness for you to just knock me off.

so how do you react when you don’t get your way?  do you mount a complaining campaign?  and you whine and fuss and argue and debate…but mom, but dad.  the martyr. 

just a thought from the front porch…

No comments: