Saturday, October 26, 2013

Something to hope in…

When GOD puts HIS SPIRIT in your life, your whole life and outlook may be radiant with hope.  And that’s what you need, something to hope in especially when you are in pain. 

As a pastor, I walked with a lot of people through a lot of grief.  Psychologists see emotional pain, doctors see the physical pain, bankers and financial counselors see the financial pain, and pastors see it all.  I have delt with people every day in pain.  Financial pain, relational pain, physical pain, emotional pain, marriage pain, parenting pain.  I’ve seen it all. 

The test of a man’s faith is at the funeral.  How does he handle it?  It breaks my heart to see at a funeral, where nobody there was a believer, and they had no hope and nothing to comfort them.  There is nothing more pathetic than being at a funeral and seeing people try to cheer themselves up with nothing. No hope. 

The Bible says when JESUS CHRIST comes into our life, we have a hope.  Revelation 21.4 says that someday in heaven for believers there will be a place of no pain, no more sorrow, no more suffering, no more grief, no anger, no more resentment, no more victims.  I’m looking forward to that. 

Now, I’m not trying to scare you into heaven.  I invite you to invite JESUS CHRIST into your life, not because you’re going to die today, because you’re probably not going to but because you’ve got to live tomorrow.

Between today and the time you do die whenever that may be, you will have to face some major tragedies in life.  If you don’t believe so, you’re just kidding yourself.  You will face major tragedies in your life.  And the question is what are you going to have to hold onto when that comes?  What is going to motivate you to get up, get out of bed and go on when your whole world ends because of the death of a loved one, a major crisis or tragedy? What is going to give you hope? 

I see people facing tragedies and falling apart and I think, “How senseless!  When GOD says, ‘I’m aware, I care, I want to help you out, to be your friend.  I will strengthen you and help you.’”  GOD will help you if you let HIM.

Just a thought from the front porch…

No comments: