Monday, November 11, 2013

HE doesn’t even get a chance…

Being closed minded can be a reason why you have never heard GOD speak to you.

You see, GOD wants to speak to us, but HE doesn’t even get a chance because our minds are closed, our hearts are hardened, we’ve already made up our mind, we’re unwilling to listen, we’ve already decided what we’re going to do so we don’t want to hear from GOD. 
 
So what causes a closed mind?  Well for one is pride.  Pride causes us to have a closed mind. 

When I think, “I don’t need GOD.  I don’t need to hear from GOD.  I can make this business decision on my own.  I don’t need GOD.  I know what to say to my children… I don’t need GOD.  I know how to handle this date… I don’t need GOD.  I can ace this test without praying.”  And anytime that you fail to pray about something, you’re basically saying, “I don't need GOD in this.  I can handle it on my own.  I can resolve it.  I can solve it.  I can handle this mess.  I can correct this error.  I can solve this conflict.  I don’t need GOD.”

That’s called pride.  When I am full of pride, I close my mind to GOD and HE can’t get in and say anything to me because I think I’ve got it all figured out.  So I don’t pray.

Just a thought from the front porch...

No comments: