Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Fear can close my mind…

Being closed minded can be a reason why you have never heard GOD speak to you.  So what causes a closed mind? 

 One reason is pride.  Pride causes us to have a closed mind. 
 
Another reason is fear.  Sometimes we’re just afraid of what GOD might say to us.

What if I pray or open my mind to GOD and GOD tells me to do something I don’t want to do?  HE might tell me something hard.  HE might tell me something unpopular.  HE might tell me to do something that I don’t think I can do or don’t want to do.  So I’m afraid.

If I let GOD speak to me, I might become a religious fanatic.  Maybe GOD will make me some kind of a loony religious nut.  So I'm afraid.

I’m afraid I’ll loose my freedom.  I’m afraid I’ll lose my fun.  I’m afraid I’ll loose my fulfillment in life.  No thanks, GOD.  So I close my mind.  Some people close their mind to GOD because of fear.

Just a thought from the front porch…

No comments: