Monday, March 24, 2014

Preventing an affair…

So in preventing an affair in your marriage first of all make a commitment to GOD's standard

Listen, GOD's standard has never changed.  GOD says, "I invented sex for marriage, not before marriage, not outside of marriage, not with somebody else you're not married to.  I invented sex for marriage."  It's very clear; it's all through Scripture.  You first make a commitment.  I'm going to do what GOD says, even if I don't understand it.

Psalm 119:9 (NIV), "How can a person keep his way pure?  By living according to YOUr Word." 

GOD's standard is very clear.  Adultery is never an option, under no circumstances is it ever right, no justification that you could give.  Someone says, "But my mate is not meeting my needs."  No justification to do wrong.  Two wrongs don't make a right. 

Men, your wife is pregnant, very sick, she cannot get out of bed and because of that she cannot meet you needs.  Listen, there is no justification to go elsewhere, it does not give you the excuse to disobey what GOD has said in HIS word.  You make a commitment to GOD's standard.

Proverbs 5:15 (TEV), "Be faithful to your own wife and give your love to her alone."  This is not a suggestion.  This is a command.  GOD says, "You do this." 

The first step I recommend that you publicly confirm your commitment to GOD's standard.  Tell your mate, "Honey, I have decided because I want to live pleasing to GOD, that regardless of what you do in this relationship, regardless of how you treat me, I will always be faithful to you."  Why?  Because GOD says to do it.  Publicly affirm that to your mate.  Regardless of your decisions or choices, I will be faithful to you.

Second, you need to affirm it publicly to everybody else, your friends, your relatives, your family, people you work with, so there is no doubt in their mind about where you stand, even when you have marriage problems.   There is no excuse for unfaithfulness.  Let there be no doubt, don't even think about it.  "I'm off limits" – that's what you need to say to the people around you.

Just a thought from the front porch…

No comments: