Friday, November 22, 2013

Whatever and when…


In order for me to hear GOD speak I must cooperate with what HE says.

GOD talks to people who decide in advance that they are going to do whatever HE tells them to do when HE tells them. 

Most of us want GOD to talk to us and then we’ll decide if we’re going to do it or not and GOD says, “No, no.  We don’t play that game.”  GOD talks to people who are going to do what HE tells them to do once HE tells them.

If you want GOD to speak to you, you need to say, “OK, GOD, I’m going to do what YOU tell me to do whether I understand it or not, whether it makes sense or not, whether I’d think I’d like to do it or not, because I know it’s the right thing and I know YOU know what would make me happy more than I do.”  It’s a matter of trust.

The fourth soil represents a willing heart.  Willing to do whatever GOD tells you to do, before HE even tells you.

Luke 8.15 (NIV), “The seed on good soil stands for those with a noble and good heart, who hear the word, retain it, and by persevering produce a good crop.”

Notice the word, “retain”.  They not only hear GOD’s word but they retain it.  They write it down, they listen to it, they think about it and go over it.   The result is a productive life.

Just a thought from the front porch…

No comments: