Tuesday, June 12, 2012

let’s stop here and go to prayer…

if you’re ready for a change just pray this prayer in your heart…

dear GOD, you know all the habits and temptations in my life that have tripped me up for years.  you know all the tempting situations that i’m facing right now.  you even know what temptations lay ahead of me this next week that i don’t even know are coming and are going to hit me.  so i’m asking for your help.  but i’m not asking for a miracle.  i’m asking for your strength to take these steps that bill has been talking about here on the front porch.  i am willing to follow your principles so i can change and be free.  help me to clearly see the patterns in my life that lead to temptation.  give me enough strength to start avoiding them and build some boundaries in my life that there’s certain places i don’t go, and certain things i don’t watch, and certain people i don’t hang out with.  LORD, if that means changing jobs or moving so be it.  i want my soul to be saved. 

most importantly, LORD, i need YOU to do some heart surgery on me.  i ask YOU to remove the negative emotions that make me vulnerable to temptation.  would YOU replace the discouragement and the exhaustion or the boredom or the spiritual dryness and emptiness?  would YOU replace the insecurity and the deep wounds and hurts in my heart?  would YOU replace the resentment, the anger, the sadness, the loneliness with YOUr love with YOUr forgiveness, and with YOUr confidence.  i want to learn to trust YOU.  i ask YOU, JESUS CHRIST, to start changing me from the inside out beginning today.  in YOUr name i pray.  amen. 

just a thought from the front porch…

1 comment:

Richard Hobart said...

He will my brother. He specializes in the impossible! Sounds like you want a complete overhaul! LOL! Remember this: faithful is he that calls you who also will do it!