Monday, November 4, 2013

Either I bruise very easily or I’m immune…

Humility improves my relationships.  Have you found that true?

I find that when I’m full of pride I bruise very easily.  I’m very sensitive to other people’s comments.  When I’m pumped up, trying to impress people, and someone says something that really shouldn’t bother me, it hurts. It’s like sticking a pin in a balloon. 

On the other hand, I’ve discovered when I’m walking humbly before the LORD and just being who I really am, being honest and depending upon GOD, I’m almost immune to insults.  Almost nothing can hurt me. 

I’m walking before the LORD with the attitude they may be right, they may be wrong, but I’m just trying to please the LORD.  If you find someone who is very sensitive to criticism it’s because they haven’t learned this principle of happiness:  Be humble in spirit before the LORD.

Just a thought from the front porch…

No comments: